A fire broke out near the main entrance of the railway station on Sunday night. The fire was reportedly caused by a short circuit from a junction box at the entrance beside the general booking counter. None was injured. The fire that spread high gutted a partition sheet.

According to Railway DSP Bhima Rao, the fire was witnessed around 10 p.m. The partition sheet that was gutted fell on the Annavaram Devasthanam temple’s display booth partially burning it.

A fire tender that rushed put out the fire.

ADRM C. Madhusudhana Rao, Sr DCM M.Y. Yadav, and senior Divisional Security Commissioner Gupta rushed to the spot.

More In: Visakhapatnam