Officials of A.P. State Disaster Response and Fires Services Department rescued four persons who were trapped in a fire mishap that occurred in Kailash Automobiles godown in the city on Saturday.
Fire broke out in the storeroom located on Gopala Reddy Road, in Governorpet. On receiving information, fire tenders from Vijayawada, Auto Nagar, Krishnalanka and Singh Nagar rushed to the spot and saved four persons who were caught in the second floor of the building. The reasons for the mishap were not yet known, said Krishna District Fire Officer V. Srinivas.
The flames spread to other two shops adjacent to the automobile godown. Rexene seat covers, handle grips, two-wheeler dickeys, helmets and other material, worth about Rs. 9 lakh were gutted in the mishap, according to storeroom owner Prakash Lakhyani. However, no one was injured, said Mr. Srinivas.
District Assistant Fire Officer V. Srinivas Reddy and Station Fire Officers of four stations and senior firemen participated in the operation.