Another 230 additional Aadhaar enrolment kits will be pressed into service within a week to expedite enrolment work, according to Aadhaar Regional Deputy Director General M.V.S. Rami Reddy.

Reviewing Aadhaar enrolment in Krishna district with civil supplies department officials and Aadhaar agencies at the Collector’s camp office hall, Mr. Reddy said that 230 kits in addition to the 130 that were in use in the city would be pressed into service within a week.

Mr. Reddy said that 80 per cent enrolment had already been completed in the district, but asked the officials and agency to expedite the enrolment of the remaining 20 per cent.

Mr. Reddy asked the enrolment agency to upload the data at the earliest. He said that care should be taken to ensure that there was no duplication.

He said any agency caught sub-leasing the work would be blacklisted.

He said that those who have lost their Aadhaar card could get a duplicate card or UID slip by applying in the Mee Seva centres.

There was no need for an Aadhaar card or Unique ID number for securing cooking gas in Krishna district as of now, District Collector Buddha Prakash M. Jyothi said.

Out of 45,28,245 people in the district, 33,72,857 people were enrolled in the first phase and 2,70,551 people in the second phase.

Another 8,84,837 people have to be enrolled, the Collector said.

More In: Vijayawada