1,731 people will get financial assistance; 14,955 applications received from capital district
As many as 1,731 people have been selected to receive financial assistance as part of the Chief Minister’s mass contact programme which will begin this month in the district. From the district, 14,955 applications were received this year for the programme.
The decision was announced by the screening committee, attended by members including Minister of Health V.S. Sivakumar (in charge of the district), here on Monday. They recommended maximum possible financial assistance to 234 people. Among the applications received by District Medical Officer (DMO) for health benefits, 321 people would receive financial aid from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund, a press release issued by the District Information Officer said. The committee recommended Rs.50,000 for those suffering from severe health problems. Funds would be allotted to other applicants when supporting documents were submitted, it said.
The committee decided to issue 65 BPL cards and said that those who were yet to submit documents should submit them within a month. The deadline for receiving applications for the zero-landless scheme would be extended.
Twenty-seven applications for house numbers were rejected. Applications for house numbers from people staying in excess land would be considered. Temporary house numbers would be allotted after verification.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who attended the meeting via video-conferencing, said he would consider the request of empanelled employees of the KSRTC for permanent posting. The Public Service Commission would be directed to fill vacancies of bus conductors.
Free electricity connections had been permitted for 49 applicants. Hundred families in UKC Nagar, Vattiyurkavu, would be provided drinking water supply under the R.Y.G.S scheme.
Four-hundred applicants would have the opportunity to meet the Chief Minister at the programme which will be held on August 12.