Nineteen students from the College of Architecture, in the Aruvikkara police station limits, were admitted to the Government Hospital, Vilappilsala, on Tuesday morning for food poisoning. They were discharged after medication.

The students, who were staying in a private hostel at Vilappilsala, were taken to the hospital when many started complaining of uneasiness after consuming the ‘Kashmiri pulao’ that was served at the hostel. However, the Principal ruled out the case of food poisoning saying that only a few students were showing such symptoms while close to 50 students in the hostel had eaten the same food.

The police said the food poisoning could have been caused by the ice cream that some of the students consumed on Monday night. They added that five other students of the college suffering from fever were admitted to SK Hospital.