In a ‘minor' fire accident, a juice shop and a hair cutting saloon in the integrated bus stand complex at Maatuthavani near here were destroyed on Monday.

Fire and Rescue Services Department personnel said that they received the call at 2.30 p.m.

Two vehicles, including one from Tallakulam fire station, rushed to the spot and put out the fire in about 30 minutes.

Electricity leak

Though the exact reason was not known immediately, firemen suspected electricity leak to be the cause of the accident.

Goods destroyed

The goods inside the shops were destroyed.

Many eateries operating on pavements moved their utensils fearing loss or damage to their goods.

Commotion prevailed in the area for about 30 minutes. There were no injuries to any person, firemen added.

Police investigation is on.

More In: Madurai