The varsity is yet to decide whether to adopt the online CAP or permit managements to admit students on their own for its various postgraduate programmes.
Days after its Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) for undergraduate programmes was thrown in to disarray, the Mahatma Gandhi University seems headed for fresh trouble.
Uncertainty prevails as the varsity is yet to decide whether to adopt the online CAP or permit managements to admit students on their own for its various postgraduate programmes.
It’s been more than a week since the university published the results of its final year degree programmes. Last year, the CAP for postgraduate courses had started soon after the results of the qualifying examination were declared.
The varsity’s phone lines are busy since the last one week as anxious parents and students remain clueless on when the admission for postgraduate programmes will begin. They have been told to wait for some more time before a decision is taken in view of the continuing deadlock over the CAP for undergraduate programmes.
Almost one-and-a-half months after the results of the Plus-Two examinations were published, the university authorities have failed to complete the admission for undergraduate programmes without hiccups.
The situation turned worse on Tuesday when managements were told not to fill the community and management quota till further orders.
Several managements had scheduled the interview for admission in these categories on July 3 and 4.
There is also no word on when the second allotment list will be published.
With the results of the Save a Year qualifying examination getting published on Tuesday, the university will now be forced to consider the applications of hundreds of students who cleared it.
The process will again stretch the deadline for completion of admission and beginning of classes for undergraduate programmes in affiliated colleges.