A teenager met with a tragic end during a marriage at a function hall in L.B. Nagar when the gas cylinder he was using to shower rose petals on the bride and bridegroom blew up on Thursday.
Sixteen-year-old T. Tarun Kumar Reddy was operating a rose petal blasting machine – used to shower rose petals on the couple from a distance - connected to a nitrogen cylinder when the latter went off. Reddy and his father Eshwar were hired to sprinkle flower petals.
“Gas pressure witnessed some changes and the cylinder blew up,” Inspector P. Srinivas Reddy said.
Reddy bore brunt of the explosion since he stood closer to the cylinder. He suffered bleeding wounds on his waist and abdomen. He died on the spot. Shocked families of the bride and bridegroom, shifted the marriage to a nearby temple.