Smoke emanating from a city bus triggered panic among passengers at St.Ann’s High School in Secunderabad on Friday.
The driver noticed smoke at the rear end of the bus and immediately stopped the vehicle on the main road at the high school. Passengers too got down from the bus. Marredpally Inspector K. Shashank Reddy rushed to the spot with his men and doused the flames with the help of fire extinguishers brought from a nearby electrical sub-station.
The bus, belonging to Miyapur depot-I, was heading to NGOs’ Colony from Kukatpally. The Inspector said none was injured. He said that smoke could have emanated due to electrical short-circuit at the rear part of the vehicle. Traffic was disrupted for sometime on the busy road.