Secunderabad Cantonment Board (SCB) CEO Sujatha Gupta reiterated on Tuesday that the ongoing demolition drive against unauthorised constructions in the erstwhile old grant bungalows would be continued during the next few weeks.
Ever since the SCB authorities had commenced the special drive last month, over 49 illegal structures, including 10 grant old bungalows were demolished in different areas in cantonment. The authorities had claimed that several notices were issued to the current occupants for various violations but could not demolish the unauthorised structures for different reasons, including lack of a demolition squad.
Violating the rules, some of the occupants of the old grant bungalows taken on long leases have been taking up commercial operations, constructing unauthorised structures and even indulging in third-party agreements. Many notices were issued to the lease holders but they were violating rules at will. Same implies to other building owners as well, explained Ms. Gupta. On Tuesday, authorities had demolished a portion of bungalow no. 191 in Bowenpally.
“We are not against any of the occupants. If they can prove their title, produce the sanctioned building plan and regularise their structures, they will be spared,” she affirmed. With regard to the cases filed against a former MP and MLA, she said a statement was given to the Begumpet police.
“I was discharging my duties in clearing unauthorised constructions in Agrasen Bhavan, if Mr. Sanghi and Mr. Rathore were aggrieved, they could have approached the court. They have no business to comment on me,” said Ms. Gupta.