Pelicans arrive in Andhra Pradesh
Feb 15, 2013
Pelicans arrive at a marsh at Telineelapuram village of Srikakulam district, 150 km away from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. Every year the winged visitors make their way from Siberia to the obscure village during September and stay on till March-end. Apart from avoiding the harsh Siberian winter and food scarcity, the birds come here for breeding as well. Photos: K.R. Deepak
- 11:28 Bangalore schoolgirl sexual assault: parents meet with school authorities and Education department officials, reports Tanu Kulkarni
- 11:26 BBMP officials take up encroachment removal drive at SKR Market. Footpath vendors evicted, reports Chitra V Ramani.
- 10:35 10 students killed as train rams bus in Medak
- 09:49 Bandh being observed in Kolar district today against rapes and sexual harassment incidents.
- 00:24 Kochi-type Start-up Village at Vizag?
- 00:10 Tigers in playful mood
- 23:21 `Fee reimbursement scheme a big scam’
- 19:38 MH17 black boxes handed over to British experts
- 19:32 India, Pak foreign secys to meet on Aug 25
- 17:14 John Abraham turns football spotlight on north-east
- 15:43 The meeting between the school staff and parents in the Bangalore child rape case scheduled for today has been postponed to Thursday. The parents want to negotiate with the school management which failed to arrive for the meeting.
- 12:51 Leopard enters IIT-Mumbai campus
WorldView with Suhasini Haidar
Extreme outcomes in the Great Game over Ukraine
The shooting down of MH17 is one of the most horrific consequences of the latest version of the "Great Game".
Free for all
An Uncritical Eye - "The World Before Her"
It’s a telling commentary that the media groups blacklisted any news on the film and the VHP chose to make it more popular!
Known for seeking real-life inspirations for his films, he has opted for five newcomers for the film that revolves around the models who gain popularity after featuring in famous calendars. »
|Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab: The Need for a Border States Group|
The aim of the research report by Tridivesh Singh Maini is to examine the approach of the political leadership, as well as the business community, in three ‘border States’ towards India-Pakistan ties.This paper has sought to look at a number of factors, which include politics, economics as well as security issues.Read Article »