A portion of the road had collapsed at Model House on Friday morning

After three horrendous days of traffic snarls, citizens can now breathe easy as the key Panjagutta-Khairatabad main road will be thrown open for traffic on Monday morning. Already vehicles are being allowed on the stretch between KCP Junction and Panjagutta, while the traffic in the reverse direction will be restored on Monday as repair works are expected to be completed by night.

A portion of the Panjagutta-Khairatabad road had collapsed at Model House on Friday morning, throwing the traffic into a quandary for three days. “About 75 per cent of work on Ameerpet-Khairatabad road has already been completed and the remaining 25 per cent will be completed over the night,” ACP (Traffic) K. M. Madhu said.

Civic authorities have identified the source of water leak and it would be rectified during the night, he explained.

Authorities have been working round-the-clock to ensure that this key arterial road is opened for traffic by Monday morning.

More In: Hyderabad