The Cabinet sub-committee, constituted by the government to resolve the issues raised by the advocates of Telangana region, has recommended implementation of the principle of “equitable distribution” to fill the 68 available vacant posts of law officers.

Information Minister J. Geetha Reddy, who headed the committee, and Ministers -- M. Venakataramana Rao (Justice & Courts) and P. Ramachandra Reddy (Forests), its members representing Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema respectively, submitted a preliminary report to Chief Minister K. Rosaiah at the latter's office on Tuesday.

Sources said later that as per this principle, 42 per cent out of the 68 posts might be apportioned to the candidates of Telangana, and the remaining 58 per cent to their counterparts from Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema.

If this was not workable, 40 per cent each might be earmarked to Telangana and Coastal Andhra and 20 per cent to Rayalaseema, going by the populations of the regions.

The sources said an order would be issued indicating the methodology to be followed to earmarking the regional quota, if the Chief Minister approved the recommendation.

More In: Hyderabad