Telangana BJP president G. Kishan Reddy expressed shock over the washing away of 24 students of VNR-VJIT here in the flash flood in Beas river in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday. In a statement he said it was unfortunate that bodies of only five out 24 students missing were found so far. He requested the State government to help the students’ families in every possible manner and take a policy decision with necessary directions to colleges to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
Kishan Reddy’s plea
- 20:31 PM reviews infrastructure projects progress
- 18:06 Ceasefire violations will be part of India-Pakistan talks: Jaitley
- 17:46 BMW Financial Services MD gets bail
- 16:53 Raj Singh moulded me: Tendulkar
- 14:31 Sanjay Kishan Kaul sworn-in as Chief Justice of Madras HC
- 11:46 BJP stages dharna in Karnataka Assembly
- 11:04 Kaptan Singh Solanki is Haryana Governor
- 09:13 Upbeat BJP seeks 15 more seats from Sena
- 08:03 Congressman mistakes U.S. officials for Indian diplomats
Listen to The Hindu's Sports Editor Nirmal Shekar speak to our Sports-Writer Arun Venugopal on India's tour of England and the Commonweath Games....Listen in »
WorldView with Suhasini Haidar
Extreme outcomes in the Great Game over Ukraine
The shooting down of MH17 is one of the most horrific consequences of the latest version of the "Great Game".
Free for all
An Uncritical Eye - "The World Before Her"
It’s a telling commentary that the media groups blacklisted any news on the film and the VHP chose to make it more popular!
|Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab: The Need for a Border States Group|
The aim of the research report by Tridivesh Singh Maini is to examine the approach of the political leadership, as well as the business community, in three ‘border States’ towards India-Pakistan ties.This paper has sought to look at a number of factors, which include politics, economics as well as security issues.Read Article »