Panic prevailed at Gandhinagar after a fire broke out at a flat on Sunday afternoon. No casualties were reported in the incident.

According to fire officials, smoke started emanating from the first floor of a residential building around noon. The house owner, Varadaraj Naik, went out to attend a function along with his family members when the fire broke out.

Fearing for their safety, anxious occupants rushed out of the building and informed the police.

Two fire tenders from Secretariat and Musheerabad doused the fire after three hours. Short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.

More In: Hyderabad