Fire broke out at a rubber factory at Katedan in early hours of Sunday. No casualties were reported in the incident.
According to fire officials, the fire broke out at the Ashok Rubber Products Company at around 4.30 a.m. A security guard, who noticed it immediately alerted the police and fire officials. Two fire tenders from Chandulal Baradari and Moghalpura fire stations rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
“There is no production activity is the company for last few years and only some waste rubber sheets, which were kept in two rooms in the company got gutted in the mishap,” Chandulal Baradari fire officer, Suresh Reddy said.
Officials suspected short-circuit to be a cause behind the incident.