Fire officials said that an electrical short circuit could be one of the causes behind the mishap
A major fire that broke out in a hangar at Begumpet Airport spread panic among residents of the nearby areas on Monday night. Though sources at the airport are yet to ascertain the reasons for the mishap, fire officials said that electrical short circuit could be one of the causes behind the mishap.
It is learnt that a chartered plane which was parked inside the hangar caught fire. Fire tenders from the Airport Fire Station rushed to the spot and carried out fire fighting operations, officials said.
Meanwhile, residents of the nearby areas had some tense moments as they heard a series of explosions. “We heard three loud explosions inside the airport and could see a major fire in one of the hangars,” a resident of Begumpet said.
When last reports came in, the fire-fighting operation was still on and the chartered plane in the hangar was still ablaze.