A fire that broke out at Badruka College in Kacheguda triggered panic among students and staff on Thursday morning. However, no one was injured.

Computers and other electronic gadgets were damaged in the fire that engulfed the computer lab on the 4th floor of the building. Close to 200 students were present in the lab when thick smoke emanated from an AC. students and teaching staff immediately scampered to safety, said Gowliguda Station Fire Officer V. Srinivas Rao.

On receiving information to the fire control room at 10.50 a.m., a fire tender from Gowliguda rushed to the spot and the flames were extinguished within an hour. Mr. Rao cited electrical short-circuit as the reason behind the mishap.

More In: Hyderabad