Property worth lakhs of rupees was damaged after fire broke out in Balaji fans manufacturing unit at Balanagar Industrial Area on Thursday night. However, no one was injured in the fire accident.
Though reasons behind the mishap were yet to be ascertained, officials suspect electrical short-circuit could be one of the causes.
Newly manufactured fans, spare parts and other machinery worth lakhs of rupees was gutted in the mishap.
Workers were not present
“Workers were not present as the management declared holiday on Thursday due to Bharat bandh,” said Jeedimetla fire officer A. Sridhar Reddy. Three fire tenders from Jeedimetla, Secunderabad and Sanathnagar rushed to the spot and put out the flames within four hours.