Nearly 13 months after terrorists exploded two Improvised Explosive Devices at crowded Dilsukhnagar killing 18 persons, the National Investigation Agency officials on Friday filed charge-sheet against two persons arrested in the case in a special court here.

Additional or supplementary charge-sheets could be filed in the case as the mastermind behind the terror plot and the persons who planted the IEDs on carrying out the terror attack on the evening of February 21, 2013 are still at large. Initially, cases were registered by the Malakpet police of Hyderabad and Saroornagar police of Cyberabad in Dilsukhnagar explosions as the blast sites came under their respective jurisdictions.

Subsequently, investigation of the case was handed over to the NIA. Two alleged operatives of banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen, Mohammed Ahmed Siddibapa alias Yasin Bhatkal and Asadullah Akthar alias Haddi, were arrested on Indo-Nepal border nearly six months after the attack.

Ammonium nitrate, diodes, timers and batteries used for preparing the IEDs were seized from the hideout of Haddi in Mangalore. This had foiled plans of further terror attacks by the accused, the NIA officials said in a press release. Interrogation of the accused revealed that the IM conspired to terrorise people and wage war against the country, they said.

Riyaz Bhatkal, the key organiser of IM operating from abroad, instructed Haddi and Waqas to find a shelter in Mangalore. Using the money sent through hawala and carrying the explosive material through an unidentified person, they reached Hyderabad.

By then, another member of the module, Tahseen Akthar alias Monu had landed in Hyderabad. Residing in a rented portion of a house at Abdhullahpurmet of Hayathnagar on city outskirts, they prepared two IEDs. The trio conducted a test blast at an isolated place on the hillock of Abdullahpurmet. Incriminating material and remnants were collected from the test blast site eventually.

They strapped the IEDs to two old bicycles which they bought from Old City and left them at crowded Dilsukhnagar market.

More In: Hyderabad