Y. Vijay Bhaskar Reddy (35), of Habsiguda died after consuming poison on Sunday.

According to the family members of Vijay Bhaskar, he had deposited huge money in a private business firm in the hope of making profits but suffered losses after the company management shut the firm and did not repay the money.

A disturbed Vijay Bhaskar then consumed poison, the police said.

He was found lying on the Karmanghat road on Sunday and was shifted to Osmania General Hospital where he died while undergoing treatment.

The Saroornagar police are investigating.

Kidnapped boy rescued

A two-year-old boy Ganesh, who was kidnapped by a woman Laxmi two days ago, was rescued with the arrest of the latter by the Sultan Bazar police on Monday.

The woman hailing from Pitlam of Nizamabad district abducted the boy as the baby boy she had given birth to died earlier.

Laxmi working as labourer picked up Ganesh and his elder sister Saritha from their house in Kattelaguda of Osmanpura on Saturday evening.

Later, she abandoned the girl at the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station and took the boy to her village.

On learning that the boy was last seen with her, the police tracked and caught her on Monday.

Woman beats

husband to death

A tractor driver V. Shiva (32), was beaten to death by his wife Soni in their house at Ramakrishnapuram of Neredmet, the police said on Monday. The driver used to harass his wife and torture her daily having got addicted to liquor, the police said.

On Sunday night, he returned home heavily drunk and beat up his wife. Soni smashed his head with a boulder after he fell asleep, the police said.

Two killed in accidents

A 65 year-old-man died after an unknown vehicle hit him at Rajeevnagar in Raidurg. The police said M. Yelliah, a gardener, was walking on the road when an unknown vehicle hit him leading to his death.

In another incident, Laxamma (60), a private employee died while undergoing treatment at Osmania General Hospital on Sunday night. The police said that the victim was crossing the road near Chaderghat when an autorickshaw hit her. She was shifted to OGH for treatment where she died.

More In: Hyderabad