An Intermediate first year student suffered burns after his mobile phone battery exploded in his house at Torrur village in Hayathnagar on Wednesday.

The China-made battery exploded when the 15-year-old Abhijeet was trying to recharge it by way of a separate recharger. Abhijeet sustained burns on his right hand, face and stomach. His mother, Madhurima, rushed him to a nearby private hospital where his condition is stable. Abhijeet is an Intermediate student of Navodaya College.

More In: Hyderabad