An 18-month-old-baby drowned in a water sump in an under-construction house at Ayyappa Society Madhapur, on Saturday. The baby, M. Murari, fell into an open sump while playing near it.
His mother Kalpana shifted the baby to a private hospital with the help of few locals. However, the baby died while undergoing treatment on Sunday morning, the police said.
An 11-year-old-boy was electrocuted at his house at Rahmathnagar in Jubilee Hills on Sunday, police said. The family of the victim, K. Netaji, informed police that the boy was electrocuted while he was opening an almirah. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead. Further investigations are on, the police said.
Cook found dead
M. Srinvasa Charyulu, (35), a cook from Bandlaguda in L.B. Nagar, was found dead under suspicious circumstances near his house on Sunday, police said. The family of the deceased informed police that he had gone out on Saturday night saying that he would return in a while but did not come home. His body was found in Bandlaguda on Sunday morning by locals.
Thieves broke into the house of businessman Venkatesh at Shaikpet by brea-king open the main door on Saturday. They took away gold and silver ornaments weighing about 15 tolas, the police said. The theft came to light on Sunday when the family returned after attending a function at their relatives’ place.
Police pressed into service a dog squad and a finger prints teams gather clues.