The FIR names one of the residents of the same apartment as a suspect

Almost four months after a teenaged boy had fallen to his death from a multi-storey building at Skylark Apartments in Dwarka Sector-6 here under mysterious circumstances, the South-West Delhi Police have registered a murder case on the directions of the local court amid allegations of not doing a fair investigation.

The First Information Report registered under Sections 302 (murder), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 201 (disappearance of evidence) names one of the residents of the apartments as a suspect in the case.

Fourteen-year-old Vaibhav Kumar, a Class IX student, had gone for his tuition class across the road outside his apartments on September 5 last around 5-30 p.m., but did not return till 10 p.m. When his father Vijendra Kumar, a doctor, and other family members looked for him along with their neighbours, he found the boy lying in a pool of blood on the ground floor.

The closed-circuit television camera footage showed that the boy returned to the society around 6-50 p.m. and took an elevator all alone. He was later seen in the CCTV footage falling on the ground at 10-08 p.m. Though the family had maintained that the boy was murdered, the police suspected it to be a case of suicide.

In his application to the court seeking direction to the police for registration of murder case, Dr. Kumar said when the police team reached the apartments following the incident, they did not search the premises properly and when the family searched on their own they found blood stains on 4, 5 and 7 floors and also inside the flat of the suspect. Raising questions over the investigation by the police, Dr. Kumar alleged that the police did not take photographs of the blood stains and did not interrogate the inhabitants of the flat in which blood stains were found.

Dr. Kumar further said the police did not pay heed to his grievances and were trying to give suicide angle to the death of the teenager, who had represented the country in athletic events abroad. He also blamed the police of not paying any attention to the facts such as three hours gap between the boy’s entry to the society and falling from the roof, quantity of blood found near the body and the condition in which the body was found.

Dr. Kumar also told the court that he wrote to the Commissioner of Police on September 13 last and other senior officials, but no action was taken on it.

More In: Delhi