A fire broke out in a multi-storey footwear shop in Sarojini Nagar here on Saturday. No one was injured.

The fire broke out on the second floor of Kins Footwear around 8-30 p.m. and spread to the lower floors. As the blaze spread, the shop was evacuated preventing any loss of life, the police said.

“We received a call around 8-30 p.m. saying that fire had broken out in a footwear shop. Twelve fire tenders took over an hour to douse the flames,” said a Delhi Fire Service official.

The fire was probably caused by short circuit.

More In: Delhi