Delhi government on Friday said it will do whatever possible to help the two-year-old abandoned baby girl, who has been admitted to AIIMS with her head smashed, arms broken and face branded with hot iron.

“Let the report come out. Delhi government will extend all possible support. We will do whatever is required,” Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said when asked about the child.

The child, whose parents are untraced, is undergoing treatment at the neurosurgery ICU of AIIMS Trauma Centre and has been put on ventilator support after suffering two cardiac arrests in the past few days, said Dr. Deepak Aggarwal. She was brought to the hospital on January 18.

A senior police official said the child was admitted to the hospital by a 15-year-old girl, who claimed to be her mother and told hospital authorities that the baby was injured in a fall from bed. The claim was rejected by doctors, who said that her version does not match with the grievous injuries on the child’s body.

The baby has human bite marks all over her body. Police found that the teenager had allegedly eloped with a boy last year and was staying in Sangam Vihar and the child was with her for about past 20 days.

A case under Section 363 (kidnapping), 317 (abandoning a child below the age of 12 years) and 324 and 325 (dealing with hurt) has been registered against unknown persons in connection with the incident, said Chhaya Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).

More In: Delhi | News | National