Four beaten up in separate cases within few hours

Four persons, including an Air Force officer, were beaten up in separate cases of road rage within a span of a few hours in the Capital this past week.

Wing Commander Arjun Sen (47) was returning to the Air Force station in Rajokri from Ambience Mall in Gurgaon along with his family on October 24 around 7.30 p.m. when a man driving an Alto hit the officer’s car on National Highway 8 and drove away. When Mr. Sen shouted at him, the accused returned and stopped his car in front of his. When Mr. Sen stepped out of his car, the motorist, later identified as Sandeep, along with his three friends pounced on him and allegedly punched and kicked him. Mr. Sen was rescued by some passers-by. Three of the culprits managed to escape, but Sandeep was caught and handed over to the police.

One of Mr. Sen’s colleagues and some Air Force personnel also reached the spot as soon as they came to know about the incident.

A few hours later, cab driver Gulab Singh was passing through the same stretch when an Alto hit him from behind. When Gulab protested, the car driver, later identified as Raghuender, chased him and forced him to stop near a municipal school in Mahipalpur. Raghuender and his three friends allegedly dragged Gulab out of his cab and beat him up.

Some passersby intervened and rescued Gulab, a resident of Faridabad. Soon the police also reached the spot and arrested them.

Around the same time, a Central Road Research Institute technician Sunil Kumar and his teenaged son Puneet were beaten up with a baton in another case of road rage in Paschim Vihar. Mr. Kumar was returning home along with his family around 9 p.m. when the car in the front braked suddenly.

When Mr. Kumar objected, the car driver allegedly attacked him with a baton causing injury to his left eye. When Puneet (15), intervened, the accused allegedly hit him on the head before speeding away.


Judge injured in road rage May 18, 2012

Licence to violenceJuly 11, 2012

More In: Delhi