Over hundred students complained of vomiting and giddiness after having eaten food at the noon meal centres at two government schools in Krishnagiri on Wednesday.

According to sources, as soon as the students ate the food which had egg at the noon meal centre at the Government Middle School in Kuralnatham village, Veppanahalli Panchayat Union, four vomitted, and many others complains of giddiness in the afternoon.

Soon after, the students — 44 male and 36 female — were rushed to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Veppanahalli with the help of 108 EMRI and police ambulances. Many students went home after taking first aid at the PHC. In the evening, three students were given glucose intravenously and all were were said to be out of danger.

A team of doctors led by Dr. Mohamed Noorudin screened the students who were then given first aid at the PHC.

110 students affected in another school

Meanwhile, 94 male, 16 female students from the Government Middle School at Nekkunthi in Periyamuthur Panchayat near Krishnagiri were admitted with complaints of vomiting and giddiness at the District Headquarters Government Hospital in the afternoon. All except three children were given first aid at the hospital.

Krishnagiri Tahsildhar K. Rajagopal, Revenue Divisional Officer A. Noor Mohamed visited the school and the Primary Health Centre.

It was alleged that rotten eggs were the reason for the food poisoning in both the schools. Preliminary investigation is on, said revenue officials.