As many as 290 polling stations in the district were identified as vulnerable and micro observers would monitor the entire process on the day of polling on April 24, said Returning Officer Hanish Chhabra here on Tuesday.

Of the total 2,993 polling stations in the district, 1,000 were identified as sensitive and the poll process would be monitored through web camera recordings, he told a meeting of officials.

Also, 277 zonal officers team would monitor the process on the day of polling. He said that 95 per cent of the booth slips were issued to the electors and the rest 5 per cent would be issued on Thursday.

Section 144

Section 144 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) will be in force between 6pm on Tuesday and 6am on Thursday.

The order prohibits unlawful assembly of more than five persons in public places.

City Police Commissioner A. Amalraj, Superintendent of Police R. Sakthivel, District Revenue Officer S. Selvaraj, National Highways Revenue Officer Poongodi and officials participated.