The incident occurred when the gas burner was lit

Seven members of a family, including four children, suffered burns in a fire accident caused by leakage from an LPG cylinder in a house at Avinashi near here on Saturday.

According to the police, the incident occurred at the residence of T. Kavitha (36) at Bharathi Nagar around 6 a.m. when she lit the gas burner.

The leakage resulted in fire engulfing the house injuring her two children Manoj Kumar (10) and Harini (8), Kavitha’s brother Palanisamy (45), his wife Poongodi (32) and their children Gunasekar (11) and Santosh Kumar (13).

Kavitha’s husband died a few years ago.

Fortunately, the cylinder did not blast.

The neighbours admitted all of them to the Government Hospital in Tirupur.

Assistance

Collector G. Govindaraj met the injured persons and their families and promised all necessary assistance.

All the seven were later shifted to a private hospital in Coimbatore. Further investigations are on.

More In: Coimbatore