Zabiuddin Ansari’s mother Rehana Begum denied on Thursday that police had collected DNA samples from her and husband Zakiuddin Ansari.
The 26/11 suspect was recently deported from Saudi Arabia.
“Our blood was not collected; no DNA test was done,” she told journalists at Beed.
She said Zabiuddin Ansari, who is alleged to have instructed Kasab and other terrorists on the phone in talking to the media and shooting people during the November 26, 2008 attacks in Mumbai, did not send any money to them; nor did she receive Rs. 50 lakh from anyone.
The charges made against her son should be investigated properly, she said, because she believed he could not have been involved in any terror activity. When she saw his recent photographs, she could not believe that it was her son because he looked different from the way he did earlier.
Asked about the case of his stabbing and burning a woman, filed in 2003, she said she was not aware of any such case. The family did not know where to search for him after he disappeared in 2006.
He is an accused in the 2006 case of huge arms haul at Aurangabad. He was declared absconding, and since then, the police have been searching for him.