All right, children! Time to open your moral science books, and turn to page number minus 10. Sorry, bad joke.
What I'm trying to say is, the law of attraction begins with the law of subtraction. Meaning? Letting go of the pain of your past. We dealt with forgiving the ex, in my last piece, and I promised you 10 physical ways to do it.
I know I'm asking the impossible of you, but don't fry it till you try it.
1. Tell yourself — “I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can control what goes on inside. I forgive my ex, and am determined to understand how to wisely avoid such relationships in the future.” Be determined to make this break-up a breakthrough.
2. Rewrite your ex's name in your cell phone as ‘teacher'. Corny, but effective. The truth is — this person is going to teach you stuff that will make you an incredibly superior human being.
3. Write a ‘thank you' letter to your ex for all that you've learned from the relationship. Don't send it though (we're not that good yet). Keep it handy to read every time you find yourself slipping back into angry thoughts.
4. Tell yourself “I'm a good, loving soul. I occasionally get lost. That's not so bad.” Please forgive yourself.
5. Remind yourself of a time when you were forgiven. Send that gesture out by forgiving your ex.
6. Remind yourself that when you resent someone, you give them the control of your emotions. You don't want your ex to have that power!
7. Remind yourself that when you respond with hate to hate, anger to anger, bitterness to bitterness, you ironically become part of that problem.
8. Here's something to pop. Supplement your SAM-e levels. It is a naturally occurring molecule in the body which gets depleted due to age, stress and diet. Your physician can help you with this.
9. Remind yourself that when you train your brain to think more loving thoughts, your positive energy attracts more positive people and more positive results. I have felt this. Being peaceful makes you far sexier because then you're more of a love magnet than a negativity magnet.
10. This one's the best. Remember — Success in your next love is the best revenge! Ha ha.