Kochi in a new light
May 11, 2014
Every evening, Kochi has a date with light. A slideshow that captures the beauty of the city when darkness falls.
When lights comes on land and water acquires a new character. From the dusty, hassled look of the day the city turns breathtakingly beautiful amidst the twinkling lights from the small traffic that trundles past the old Tower Bridge. Compare it to the bridges that connect the city’s arms to her legs. Streets light up with trails of red zig-zaging along the roads as cars veer past. A sturdy lamppost showers comfortable effulgence lighting up a street corner. Shored boats turn golden; all before the night finally swallows the lights up and the city goes to bed.
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.