1. Name the film star from the fabled Kapoor family, nicknamed ‘Bebo', celebrating her birthday on this date.
2. Name the Pakistani cricketer who at 7 ft 1 in recently became the tallest player to play at the international level.
3. Il Leone d'Oro (The Golden Lion) is the highest prize given to a film at which prestigious film festival?
4. If your capital city is Belmopan and you are celebrating your Independence Day today, in which Central American country are you in?
5. If it is Param Vir Chakra in India, what is it in the U.S.?
6. Who is the spiritual and administrative head of the Catholic Church?
7. What is the name given to the parliamentary republic established in 1919 in Germany to replace the imperial form of government?
8. Which poem's words are used in Beethoven's famous Symphony No. 9?
9. Cardamom belongs to which plant family?
10. The smallest of the four main islands of Japan is…?
11. How many humps among a dozen normal Bactrian camels?
12. Which country's national airline is Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij?
13. If arranged alphabetically, which murder weapon used in ‘Cluedo' would come last?
14. In which war did Florence Nightingale serve as a nurse?
15. How many times does ‘p' come in the first line of the famous tongue twister about Peter Piper?
Answers: 1. Kareena Kapoor; 2. Mohammad Irfan; 3. Venice; 4. Belize; 5. Medal of Honor. They are the highest military decorations of the respective countries; 6. The Pope; 7. Weimar Republic; 8. ‘Ode to Joy' by Schiller; 9. Zingiberaceae, or the Ginger family; 10. Shikoku; 11. 24; 12. The Netherlands. It is usually abbreviated as KLM; 13. Spanner; 14. Crimean War; 15. Nine.
Keywords: Young World Quiz