1. Name the most sparsely populated country in Europe celebrating its National Day today to mark its independence from the Kingdom of Denmark in 1944.
2. Name Alice’s cat and companion in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.
3. Name the Indian sporting legend, winner of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and the Padma Bhushan, celebrating his birthday on this date.
4. Sushma Swaraj is the second woman to handle the External Affairs portfolio. Who was the first?
5. Which Jungle Book character is said to be based on the animal with the scientific name Canis aureus indicus?
6. WDCD is a United Nations observance each June 17. Expand WDCD.
7. About which native Indian did Henry W. Longfellow write a famous poem?
8. In classical music, what is diminuendo?
9. In Egyptian myth, who is the equivalent of Surya?
10. Name the smallest muscle in the human body, which at just over one millimetre in length stabilises the stapes.
11. How many loaves of bread will you find in six sets of baker’s dozen?
12. In comics, if Ming the Merciless is your arch enemy, then who are you?
13. In what material is the famous Gateway Arch in St. Louis clad?
14. Whose summer retreat is the Palace of Castel Gandolfo?
15. What is a Pyrophobe afraid of?
Answers: 1. Iceland; 2. Dinah; 3. Leander Paes; 4. Indira Gandhi; 5. Tabaqui the jackal; 6. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought; 7. Hiawatha; 8. A decrease in loudness in a piece of music; 9. Ra; 10. Stapedius; 11. 78; 12. Flash Gordon; 13. Stainless steel; 14. The Pope; 15. Fire.
Keywords: Young World Quiz