1. Which state has the largest number of constituencies in India?
2. Cricketer Mohammed Kaif is contesting the Lok Sabha election from former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s constituency. Name the constituency.
3. Name the candidate fielded by the Congress to take on BJP’s Prime Ministerial Candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal.
4. She was the MP from Anantnag in 2004 but lost in 2009. She has been fielded by PDP for the 2014 elections. Name her.
5. What is the party symbol of AAP?
6. She quit her job as the CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland and is now contesting from South Mumbai as AAP candidate. Name her.
7. He is the leader of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha and is contesting from Amritsar. Name him.
8. Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar, is contesting from a constituency that is also the name of one of the world’s oldest institutions of learning. Name the constituency.
9. Name the party that has retained the Hyderabad constituency for the last two elections.
10. He is a former defence minister of India and was expelled by BJP recently for his refusal to withdraw candidature as Independent from Barmer constituency of Rajastan. Name him.
11. Indira Gandhi contested elections from two constituencies in 1980. One was Rae Bareli, name the other.
12. She was the first female Railway minister of the country. Identify the party and the name of this person.
13. Name the first non-Congress Prime Minster of India.
14. He is from the Gondhia-Bhandara constituency of Maharashtra. The book titled Descent of Air India was based on him but was withdrawn by Bloomsbury. Name him.
15. She is contesting the elections from the Saran Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in place of the RJD chief who is convicted in the fodder scam. Name her.
Answers:1. UP - 80; 2. Phulpur; 3. Ajai Rai; 4. Mehbooba Mufti; 5. broom; 6. Meera Sanyal; 7. Arun Jaitley; 8. Nalanda; 9. All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen; 10. Jaswant Singh; 11. Medak; 12. Trinamool Congress, Mamata Banerjee; 13. Moraji Desai; 14. Praful Patel; 15. Rabri Devi.
Keywords: young world quiz