1. Which Asian nation celebrates its National Foundation Day on February 11 to commemorate the enthronement of its first emperor Jimmu?
2. The centenary of the debut of which iconic film character was celebrated on February 7?
3. How did Hyderabad-born Satya Nadella make world headlines recently?
4. Which legendary leader was released from the Victor Verster prison, after 27 years in captivity, on this date in 1990?
5. Sixteen-year-old Kumari Maleka Singh Tak of Rajasthan was conferred with which prestigious award by the President recently?
6. In which bustling city was India’s first monorail service inaugurated on February 1, 2014?
7. In Louisa May Alcott’s ‘Little Women’, on who was Josephine ‘Jo’ March Bhaer based?
8. What first does the Pamban Railway Bridge, whose centenary celebrations was inaugurated by former President A.P.J Abdul Kalam last month, have to its credit?
9. Who is traditionally identified as the author of ‘Acts of the Apostles’ in the New Testament?
10. Louisette was the original name for which fatal cutting device?
11. The SAVE programme is concerned with the conservation of which majestic avian?
12. Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar-winning actor who was found dead recently, won the Academy Award for which film?
13. Which is the largest country (by area) in continental Africa?
14. The new Chinese year is the Year of the…?
15. What is ‘heliophysics’?
1. Japan.; 2. Charlie Chaplin’s ‘Tramp’; 3. He has been appointed the CEO of tech giant Microsoft.; 4. Nelson Mandela.; 5. Geeta Chopra Award for Bravery.; 6. Mumbai.; 7. The author herself.; 8. India’s first cantilever bridge.; 9. Luke the Evangelist.; 10. Guillotine.; 11. Vulture. SAVE stands for Saving Asia’s Vultures from Extinction.; 12. ‘Capote’.; 13. Algeria.; 14. Horse.; 15. The term denotes the physics of the entire Sun, from centre to corona.