1. On this date in 1933, who voiced the idea of ‘Pakistan’ in a pamphlet ‘titled “Now or Never; Are We to Live or Perish Forever?”?
2. Which community recently became the sixth to attain minority status in our country?
3. On this date in 1986, which space shuttle broke apart after liftoff killing all seven astronauts on board?
4. United Kingdom’s Lewis Clarke recently became the youngest person at 16 years to trek to which normally inhospitable place?
5. By area, which is the smallest sovereign Asian State?
6. The third Lusofonia Games is currently underway in Goa. Which countries are eligible for participation?
7. What is the Japanese word for the way of the samurai life that is loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry?
8. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, who passed away recently, was the spiritual head of which community?
9. Bartolomeo Cristofori is regarded as the creator of which grand musical instrument?
10. The RBI recently issued new five rupees and 10 rupees coins bearing images of which divine figures?
11. In the world of ‘communications’, for what is Sir Rowland Hill best remembered?
12. Which probe recently awoke from its deep space hibernation of 31 months ready for an unprecedented mission to orbit a comet and dispatch a lander to the surface?
13. What was the nationality of the original members of the popular band ‘Ace of Base’?
14. Which State has become the first in the country to provide universal health coverage for tertiary care to all the sections of society?
15. Which critical organ of the human body is affected by Bright’s Disease?
Answers: 1. Choudhry Rahmat Ali; 2. Jains; 3. Challenger; 4. South Pole; 5. Maldives; 6. Organised by the ACOLOP (Association of the Portuguese Speaking Olympic Committees), it is for Portuguese Commonwealth nations; 7. Bushido; 8. Dawoodi Bohras; 9. Piano; 10. Vaishno Devi; 11. Introducing the postage stamp; 12. Rosetta; 13. Swedish; 14. Karnataka; 15. Kidney.