1. Name the legendary golfer nicknamed “Golden Bear”, with a record 18 Majors to his name, celebrating his birthday today.
2. What two-word term is being used for the persistent, large-scale cyclone located near the poles that is being touted as the big cause for the unprecedented cold conditions in the US?
3. Name the only two Indian women to achieve the Grandmaster (GM) title in chess.
4. How did the Bangalore-based start-up Little Eye Labs make news recently?
5. Who has won the coveted FIFA Ballon d’Or award for 2013?
6. Which three European countries are called the ‘Baltic states’?
7. In which State is the Bankapura Peacock Sanctuary?
8. Which Asian nation’s PM is to be the Chief Guest at this year’s Republic Day parade?
9. What is the newly started first comprehensive adolescent health programme of the country called?
10. Zoologist Dian Fossey is remembered for her work with which endangered great primate?
11. Nephophobia is the fear of which natural formation?
12. What is the surname of the title character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
13. Who was the Prince of Wales when India became independent?
14. Who wrote the famous opera “The Magic Flute”?
15. Which knot is sometimes referred to as ‘King of the knots’ because of its importance?
Answers: 1. Jack Nicklaus; 2. Polar Vortex; 3. Koneru Humpy and Dronavalli Harika; 4. It became the first Indian firm to be acquired by Facebook ; 5. Cristiano Ronaldo; 6. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania; 7. Karnataka; 8. Japan’s Shinzo Abe; 9. ‘Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram’. 10. Gorillas; 11. Clouds; 12. Bucket; 13. No one!; 14. Wolfgang Mozart; 15. Bowline.