1. Who became the first-ever Supreme Leader of Iran on this date in 1979?
2. What is a “Lammergeier”?
3. Name the ex-South African Test cricket captain who is a qualified doctor.
4. Which famous poem has these lines: “Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward, All in the valley of Death, Rode the six hundred…”?
5. Hemant Soren is the CM of which eastern State of the country?
6. Which two nations went to war over the Falkland Islands’ in the early 1980s?
7. What is the name of the party floated by Ramon Magsaysay Award-winner Arvind Kejriwal?
8. Name the England batsman who has decided to break from the game because of stress-related issues.
9. Arundhati Bhattacharya is the first-ever woman to head which centuries-old bank in the country?
10. In Jerome K. Jerome’s Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), name the dog.
11. What was Deogiri renamed as after Muhammad Bin Tughlaq decided to make it his capital?
12. What is the height in feet if a horse stands 15 ‘Hands’ tall?
13. In which popular Asian city is Orchard Road, known for its shopping malls and hotels?
14. Bell’s Palsy affects which part of the body?
15. Name the “Wizard of Hockey” and three-time Olympic Gold medallist who passed away on this date 34 years ago.
Answers: 1. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini; 2. A type of vulture; 3. Dr. Ali Bacher; 4. ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred, Lord Tennyson; 5. Jharkhand; 6. UK and Argentina; 7. Aam Aadmi Party; 8. Jonathon Trott; 9. State Bank of India; 10. Montmorency; 11. Daulatabad; 12. Five feet; 13. Singapore; 14. Face; 15. Dhyan Chand.