1. Which large landlocked central Asian country is observing its Independence Day today?
2. Name India’s first private metro service that started its operation from Gurgaon, Haryana on November 14.
3. What deadly invention was originally called Louisette?
4. Which veteran actor was presented the first Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year 2013 last week?
5. Which famous supersonic aircraft was retired on this date a decade ago after a serious accident in 2000?
6. India recently declared itself free from Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5N1) and notified the same to WHO. What is the more common name for the infection?
7. Which world leader has been selected for this year’s Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development?
8. What is the fruit preserve made from the juice and peel of citrus fruits, boiled with sugar and water called?
9. At which GP did Sebastian Vettel register a record-breaking eighth consecutive race win?
10. Abdulla Yameen has been elected the new President of which SAARC nation after a prolonged election process?
11. Name the World Athletes of the Year chosen by the athletics governing body IAAF recently?
12. Which much-delayed craft was commissioned into the Indian Navy at Sevmash Shipyard recently?
13. Name NASA’s orbiter mission to Mars that was launched last week.
14. What is Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia the fear of?
15. What would one do with a Gingiru, Lupa or a Virginal?
Answers: 1. Mongolia; 2. Rapid Metro; 3. Guillotine; 4. Waheeda Rehman; 5. Concorde; 6. Bird Flu; 7. Angela Merkel; 8. Marmalade; 9. The US Grand Prix; 10. Maldives; 11. Jamaican sprinters Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce; 12. INS Vikramaditya; 13. MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile EvolutioN); 14. Long words; 15. Create music. They are musical instruments.
Keywords: young world quiz