1. On this date, 23 years ago, who published a formal proposal for the World Wide Web?
2. Mick Jagger is a founder-member of which popular musical group?
3. Name the only Canadian team in the NBA.
4. Name the Bharat Ratna award winner who was honoured with a Google Doodle on his 125th birthday on November 7?
5. In which capital city did Anand win the last of his five World chess titles?
6. What is anno mundi?
7. Which sport uses a small ball called a “sliothar”?
8. The English Shire is considered the tallest breed among which animals?
9. What made Albert Einstein leave Germany in the early 1930s?
10. What term used in astronomy comes from the Greek word for milky?
11. What is the most important characteristic of a deciduous tree?
12. Name the Italian physicist known for the invention of the battery in the 1800s.
13. Fill in the blank: Gliding and suture are two types of _____ in the human body.
14. A Street in Markham, Ontario was recently named after an Oscar-winning Indian. Name him.
15. Which European skirmish lasted between July 17, 1936 and April 1, 1939?
Answers: 1. Tim Berners-Lee; 2. The Rolling Stones; 3. Toronto Raptors; 4. Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman; 5. Moscow; 6. The year dating from the year of creation in Jewish chronology; 7. The Irish sport of Hurling; 8. Horses; 9. Aggression from the Nazi party; 10. Galaxy; 11. Shedding leaves; 12. Alessandro Volta; 13. Joints; 14. A.R. Rahman; 15. Spanish Civil War.
Keywords: young world quiz