1. In which city was the United States Constitution signed and adopted on September 17, 1787?
2. Why was Germany’s Thomas Bach in the news recently?
3. In 1976, NASA unveiled its first space shuttle on this date. What was it called?
4. ‘Sunset at Montmajour’ has now been confirmed as a large painting by which celebrated European artist?
5. Which among the 15 lanthanide elements has the highest atomic number?
6. Which much-anticipated product was unveiled on September 10 with the tagline ‘Forward thinking.’?
7. Virginal, Lupa and Gingiru are all types of…?
8. Tokyo, chosen to host the 2020 Summer Olympics, first hosted the Games in…?
9. What was the official name of East Germany?
10. Rochus Misch, who died recently aged 96, was the last witness to which 20th Century leader’s suicide in the 1940s?
11. According to the gospels, Jesus and his disciples are said to have prayed at which place the night before the crucifixion?
12. Who became the oldest man to have won a Grand Slam title in tennis recently?
13. Which heavy metal band was formed in 1983 by Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson?
14. Who has authored the popular books ‘A Suitable Boy’ and ‘An Equal Music’?
15. In which State is the Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park?
Answers: 1. Philadelphia; 2. He is the new President of the International Olympic Committee; 3. Enterprise; 4. Vincent van Gogh; 5. Lutetium (71); 6. Apple’s iPhone 5s, the first 64 bit smartphone in the world; 7. Musical instruments; 8. 1964; 9. German Democratic Republic; 10. Adolf Hitler; 11. Gethsemane; 12. Leander Paes; 13. Megadeth; 14. Vikram Seth; 15. Tamil Nadu
Keywords: young world quiz