1. On this date, 30 years ago, who became the first American woman in space?
2. According to the latest Forbes List of “world’s highest paid athletes”, which Indian cricketer is ranked at No. 16 with a total pay of $31.5 million?
3. The armies of the Seventh Coalition achieved victory in which celebrated battle fought on this date in 1815 in a place in Belgium?
4. After which cult rock star has a newly described six feet lizard, that roamed South East Asia 40 million years ago, been named recently?
5. Name India’s largest freshwater lake located in J&K.
6. Why did the death of a Japanese Jiroemon Kimura recently create a buzz on the social networks?
7. With which comic character does one associate the dumb dog Rantanplan?
8. By winning his 12th Grand Slam men’s singles title at Roland Garros, which two legends did Rafael Nadal overtake?
9. What is the special feature of the 80-storied, 306m tall Infinity Tower in Dubai that opened recently?
10. Eddy Merckx and Miguel Indurain have won which famous cycle race five times?
11. On June 4, which pioneering online retail giant entered the Indian e-commerce market with the launch of its marketplace?
12. Which place in India, home to 1,800 animal species and some most endangered tribes, has now been designated as a world biosphere reserve by UNESCO?
13. Name the immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.
14. A person with xanthophobia may not be a supporter of Chennai Super Kings. Why?
15. In monopoly, which token did the cat replace recently?
Answers: 1. Sally Ride; 2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni; 3. Waterloo; 4. Jim Morrison; 5. Wular Lake; 6. At 116, he was recorded by Guinness World Records as the oldest man ever verified to have lived; 7. Lucky Luke; 8. Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver; 9. It has become the world’s tallest high rise building with a twist of 90°; 10. Tour de France; 11. Amazon; 12. Nicobar Island; 13. Yggdrasil; 14. Xanthophobia is the fear of the colour yellow; 15. Iron.
Keywords: Young World quiz