1. In the evergreen series of books featuring Babar, created by Jean de Brunhoff, what type of animal was the protagonist?
2. Name the hit 2008 comedy-drama film, starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, featuring a rascally-loveable Labrador.
3. In E.B. White’s classic Charlotte’s Web, the spider is concerned with saving the life of which animal and what is his name?
4. In the Disney version of “Jungle Book”, who were Flaps, Buzzie, Dizzy, and Ziggy and which foursome is said to have inspired their look?
5. “Two of my friends were Merrylegs and Ginger and my final owners were Miss Ellen and Miss Blomefield.” Who am I?
6. What does Babe want to be in the eponymously-named Oscar-nominated film?
7. In the Mahabharata, which animals did the flags of Bhima and Duryodhana adorn?
8. Steven Spielberg made a thrilling film called “Jaws”. Whose jaws did he refer to?
9. Name the canines in Enid Blyton’s “Secret Seven” and “Five Find-outers” series.
10. In the blockbuster “Sholay”, Hema Malini is a taangewali. Name her horse.
11. Who is the central character in Jack London’s Call of the Wild?
12. “Born Free” is an all-time favourite flick with an animal theme. Which type of cat is the central character?
13. In Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking-Glass, which marine creature talks of things like shoes, cabbages, sealing wax etc. in a poem?
14. In “The Lion King”, what are the names of the meerkat and warthog, friends of Simba?
15. In the Tintin adventure The Castafiore Emerald, Captain Haddock gets a parrot as a gift from the opera diva. What is the name of the bird?
Answers: 1. An elephant; 2. Marley & Me; 3. Wilbur, the pig; 4. The vultures supposedly modelled on The Beatles; 5. Black Beauty the horse; 6. Sheepdog; 7. Lion and a hooded cobra; 8. A great white shark; 9. Scamper and Buster; 10. Dhanno; 11. Buck; 12. A lioness (named Elsa); 13. Walrus; 14. Timon and Pumbaa; 15. Iago.