1. Recently, in a neighbouring country, private daily newspapers came back into circulation for the first time since 1964. Name the country.
2. Expand SEAL (as in U.S. Navy SEALs).
3. What is the sequel to the hit animated film “Finding Nemo” going to be titled?
4. According to the popular nursery rhyme, what is Friday’s Child?
5. Which IPL team does New Zealander Jesse Ryder, who was brutally attacked recently, represent?
6. A gold ring, inscribed in Latin and linked to a Roman curse tablet, has now gone on display for the first time at The Vyne in Hampshire. This ring is supposed to have inspired which famous book?
7. Which religion developed in Jamaica in the 1930s following the coronation of Haile Selassie I as King of Ethiopia?
8. Cassiterite is an ore of which metal?
9. Which Olympic city in Germany stands on the river Isar?
10. In which popular board game are terms like Zugzwang and J’adoube used?
11. Which Greek letter also means a very small quantity?
12. Where in the human body is the Cementum?
13. If Peter Parker is Spider-man, then Reed Richards is…?
14. In which story does Sherlock Holmes, presumed killed, make an unexpected return?
15. Which is the tallest twin-towered building in the world?
Answers: 1. Myanmar; 2. Sea, Air, Land Teams; 3. ‘Finding Dory’; 4. Loving and Giving; 5. Delhi Daredevils; 6. J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’; 7. Rastafari; 8. Tin; 9. Munich; 10. Chess; 11. Iota; 12. On the tooth. It is a specialised calcified substance covering the root of a tooth; 13. Mister Fantastic; 14. The Adventure of the Empty House; 15. Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.