1. According to popular folklore, which famous American is said to have a flown a kite in a storm on this date in 1752 to prove there is electricity in lightning?
2. In the Indian Army, to which rank is an officer promoted next if he/she is a Major now?
3. If the capital city was Brisbane, in which Australian State are you in?
4. In the U.S. the ‘Mason-Dixon line' symbolically divides….?
5. In Islam, what is a ‘Salâh or Salât'?
6. In a standard pack of playing cards, which king is carrying an axe rather than a sword?
7. What do atoms share in a ‘covalent bond'?
8. Edvard Eriksen's most famous sculpture is found on a waterfront in Copenhagen. Who is the subject?
9. What is the famous legal ‘nom de plume' of the novelist Daniel Handler?
10. What is the more common name for the medical complaint ‘Epistaxis'?
11. Name the only other element, apart from oxygen, beginning with the letter O.
12. What avian record does the Rüppell's Vulture hold?
13. According to the Bible, who was the last of the antediluvian Patriarchs?
14. Which European male won seven Grand Slam singles tennis titles in the 1980s but never at Wimbledon?
15. What is common to Darth Vader in the ‘Star Wars' movies and Mufasa in Disney's ‘The Lion King'?
1. Benjamin Franklin; 2. Lieutenant Colonel; 3. Queensland; 4. North and South of the country; 5. The ritual prayer having prescribed conditions, a prescribed procedure, and prescribed times; 6. King of diamonds; 7. Electrons; 8. The Little Mermaid; 9. Lemony Snicket; 10. Nosebleed; 11. Osmium; 12. It is the highest-flying bird; 13. Noah; 14. Ivan Lendl; 15. Both were voiced by James Earl Jones.