1. Name the Australian landmark, dubbed “The Coathanger”, opened on this date in 1932.
2. What is the name of the all-electric, four-seater passenger car recently launched by Mahindra Reva?
3. On this date 10 years ago, which U.S. President ordered the start of war against Iraq?
4. The recently deceased charismatic Hugo Chavez was the President of which South American country?
5. Which is the hottest planet in our Solar System with mean surface temperatures touching 462° Celsius?
6. On who was the “Rani Laxmi Bai-Stree Shakti award” bestowed by President Pranab Mukherjee on International Women’s Day?
7. India’s Telesphore Placidus Toppo, Oswald Gracias, George Alencherry and Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal were part of which chosen group in the news now?
8. Whose record did M.S. Dhoni better recently to become the most successful Test captain in Indian cricket history?
9. Name Mahatma Gandhi’s youngest child.
10. Manik Sarkar became the CM of which State for the fourth consecutive time recently?
11. Which type of condiment comes from the Hindi word meaning “to crush”?
12. What innovative “product” is the RBI going to introduce on a field trial basis in the cities of Kochi, Mysore, Jaipur, Bhubhaneswar and Shimla?
13. On which memorial in Washington D.C. can one read the words “Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope”?
14. What is special about Jochen Rindt’s F1 Championship triumph?
15. Appaloosa, Palomino and Clydesdale are all types of which common herbivore?
Answers: 1. Sydney Harbour Bridge; 2. E2O; 3. George W. Bush; 4. Venezuela; 5. Venus; 6. “Spirit of Nirbhaya”, a pseudonym given to the Delhi gang-rape victim; 7. The Cardinal Electors who voted to elect the new Pope; 8. Sourav Ganguly; 9. Devdas Gandhi; 10. Tripura; 11. Chutney; 12. One billion plastic 10 Rupee notes; 13. The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial; 14. The only posthumous winner; 15. Horses.
Keywords: Young World Quiz column