1. Name the world-famous museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, that was opened to the public on this date in 1852?
2. Who recently created history by becoming the first male to win three Australian Open singles title in the Open Era?
3. Name the most expensive footballer in history celebrating his 28th birthday today.
4. Name the eminent playback singer who has created a ripple by rejecting the Padma Bhushan awarded to her.
5. What was the film version of Vikas Swarup’s book Q&A titled?
6. India recently test-fired the K-5 (code named B05) missile to move a step closer to completing its nuclear triad. From which location was it fired?
7. Which popular film star’s philanthropic initiative is called ‘Being Human’?
8. Who was the State guest at this year’s Republic Day Parade in New Delhi?
9. In Carnatic music, if the base raga is called ‘Melakarta’, what is the derived raga called?
10. Name the Pakistani-American terrorist sentenced to 35 years in prison by an US court for his role in the 26/11 attack on Mumbai.
11. Alanine, Glycine and Tyrosine are all types of…?
12. In which ball-sport/game is Bobby Jones a legend?
13. Which great Asian ruler’s posthumous name is Emperor Shengde Shengong Wenwu?
14. Which character in ‘The Big Bang Theory’ is a particle astrophysicist at Caltech?
15. Which chemical element is named after the city of Paris?
Answers: 1. The Hermitage; 2. Novak Djokovic; 3. Cristiano Ronaldo; 4. S. Janaki; 5, ‘Slumdog Millionaire’; 6. Underwater off the Visakhapatnam coast; 7. Salman Khan; 8. Jigme Khesar Wangchuck, the King of Bhutan; 9. ‘Janya’; 10. David Headley; 11. Amino Acids; 12. Golf; 13. Kublai Khan; 14. Rajesh Ramayan ‘Raj’ Koothrappali; 15. Lutetium.
Keywords: Young World Quiz