1. What is the famous pen name of Hector Hugh Munro, the master of short stories, born this date in 1870?
2. Which recent hit film has been given two National Tourism Awards for promoting India as a tourism destination, especially Puducherry and Munnar?
3. Name the scientist who discovered electrons, and won a Nobel Prize for the effort, who would have celebrated his birthday on December 18.
4. Which great German’s record of most goals in a season did Lionel Messi recently overhaul?
5. Name the first person to be featured on a postage stamp.
6. Name the new party launched by former Karnataka CM, B.S. Yeddyurappa.
7. What is the angle between the hands of a clock when the time is 1 a.m./p.m?
8. Which Olympic medallist is to debut in “Rajdhani Express” in January 2013?
9. Which type of sugar gets its name from a place in Guyana?
10. Which computer pioneer, considered the world’s first programmer, was honoured with a Google Doodle on December 10?
11. Who was the first cricketer to have scored 5,000 runs, taken 100 wickets and held 100 catches in both ODIs and Tests?
12. In which nation would you be if it was the smallest independent country in South America?
13. Which famous band had an album whose one side was called “Hard Rock Café”?
14. Who built the Argo in which Jason sailed in his quest to find the Golden Fleece?
15. Which important character did Robbie Coltrane play in the Harry Potter films?
Answers: 1. Saki; 2. “Life of Pi”; 3. J.J. Thomson; 4. Gerd Mueller; 5. Queen Victoria; 6. Karnataka Janata Partyl 7. 30° C; 8. Leander Paes; 9. Demerara; 10. Lady Ada Lovelace; 11. Carl Hooper; 12. Suriname; 13. The Doors; 14. Argus; 15. Hagrid.